Retail Shop Sales Assistants Required for the following:
Part time 18 hours per week Coatbridge
Part time 25 hours per week Whitburn
Opportunities don't come much better than this.
Our highly rated Coatbridge shop has a vast range of award winning baked goods on offer.
Our newest shop in the high street of Whitburn opened on the 9th of May and has been very quickly welcomed into the local community.
Our focus on quality, fresh locally baked goods has made us an award-winning independent bakery for nearly 80 years. With approximately 50 staff members, we have a “family” and “valued” atmosphere and, with great pride, are dedicated to “Quality baking through the generations”.
You will play an essential part in our ongoing success through being a friendly, fun, hardworking team member.
About the role
- Your daily responsibilities will include handling money using cash, card and contactless payment, provide a high standard of customer service, be a good salesperson, taking an active role in maintaining a high standard of hygiene and presentation of self and shop.
- Be confident using equipment and machinery such as tills, ipads, bread slicers and coffee machine.
- Be competent dealing with customers i.e helping with orders, complaints and celebration cake selection.
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety, Environment, and food safety standards and working practices.
- Flexible shift pattern offered over Monday to Saturday. Some overtime can be offered during busy times of the year.
- Have good stock rotation and awareness of the storage of our products.
- Your hard earned “dough” is paid weekly into your bank account.
Who are we looking for? Do you have the right ingredients to add our mix?
Do you have a friendly, positive and motivated attitude to work? You could be the perfect topping to our cake.
- Some previous retail experience is desirable but not necessary as onsite training will be provided.
- Knowledge of Basic Food Hygiene.
- An enthusiastic personality with attention to detail and passion about selling quality baked products.
- Build a rapport with regular customers and welcoming to all.
- Have a proven ability to work collaboratively in a team by being able to follow instructions / requests from your Manager Ashley and Supervisor Joanne.
- Good communication skills and be respectful to our aim as a business and to your colleagues
- Be able to use your own initiative during busy and quiet periods.
- Good physical health as some heavy lifting required.
- Good daily time management essential.
- Clean, tidy and organised work ethic.
- Commitment to your role and be responsible within it.
About The Company
We aim to continue to be “The baker of choice” in our local high street shops in Airdrie, Coatbridge and Whitburn. Producing over 100 different products in a week, we have a huge variety of traditional cakes, hot plate selections, savouries and fermented baking available for our customers to choose from. We have a very busy confectionary department that make celebration cakes for all occasions, in which we feel very privileged to be part of our customers’ special day. We also supply wholesale products to local hotels and businesses.
Andrew Chisholm has owned the business since October 2012 and is a third-generation baker with vast knowledge and experience within the baking industry. Our bakers combined “Master baking knowledge” expands over 200 years within the team therefore is a very well-established, highly skilled and friendly team who will do whatever they can to support you in your new role.
We have a mandatory training programme, and we will consider supporting relevant external training requests. You are entitled to 4 weeks of annual leave and 8 public holidays however 3 of these 4 weeks are pre-determined when the business is closed. The last 2 weeks in July (Glasgow fair fortnight) and a week mid-October (school holidays). Your remaining “floating week” is to be to be agreed and taken anytime between January and April.
An induction programme with company handbook will be issued on completion of your trial period. There is on-site parking is available. No smoking is permitted on the premises. There is a small staff area where you can eat your own lunch, a microwave, kettle and fridge are available. Overalls and PPE are issued however you need your own safety shoes.
Come and join the team as a “Shop Sales Assistant” at Christie the baker. We look forward to making you part of the family.
Apply now at email@example.com by sending us your CV and stating which location you are applying for.